BCN 2004/27 Publication of Guidelines for Capital Accumulation Plans [BCN]
Sign-up for updates about BCSC Policy Publications.
The Commission, along with other members of the Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA) and other members of the Joint Forum of Financial Market Regulators, is publishing a:
- Stakeholder letter
- Summary of comments and responses
- Guidelines for Capital Accumulation Plans (the Guidelines)
The Guidelines will:
- outline and clarify the responsibilities of capital accumulation plan (CAP) sponsors, members and service providers
- ensure that CAP members in different types of CAPs have the information and assistance they need to make informed investment decisions within the CAP
- help ensure that there is a similar regulatory result for different types of CAPs regardless of whether the insurance, pension or securities regulatory regime applies to them.
The CSA intends to implement the Guidelines through conditions attached to a proposed registration and prospectus exemption for certain CAPs. The CSA is publishing this proposed exemption, which BC would implement as a blanket exemption, for comment. The comment period will close on July 30, 2004. You can find more information about the proposed exemption in the materials attached to CSA 81-405.
May 28, 2004
Brent W. Aitken
Ref: Joint Forum of Financial Market Regulators Stakeholder letter
CSA 81-312 Guidelines for Capital Accumulation Plans
CSA 81-405 Request for comment on the proposed registration and prospectus
exemption for certain capital accumulation plans
This Notice may refer to other documents. These documents can be found at the B.C. Securities Commission public website at www.bcsc.bc.ca in the Commission Documents database or the Historical Documents database.